Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's a Good Day for Singing a Song

Today is full of unexpectations. Liam Joseph is on his way here, a day early. He is my new grandson, planned for August 12th, but obviously couldn't handle the wait. I must say, I like his style. A day early and a dollar long.

I am looking forward to the task he has set for his father. This morning it was a scramble to find a sitter in order to leave for the hospital. Who knows what the future holds? Bill, at Bill's Comments, would approve. Kid is getting his licks in early.

In celebration of the event here is a story lifted from Norm's Blog. It warmed my heart. Here is the story of fallness and redemption through love and fidelity.
Saying the Right Thing

Marty wakes up at home with a huge hangover. He forces himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins and a glass of water on the side table. He sits down and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. Marty looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotless, clean. So is the rest of the house. He takes the aspirins and notices a note on the table:

Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to go shopping. Love you.
So he goes to the kitchen and sure enough there is a hot breakfast and the morning newspaper. His son is also at the table, eating. Marty asks, 'Son, what happened last night?' His son says, 'Well, you came home after 3 AM, drunk and delirious. Broke some furniture, puked in the hallway, and gave yourself a black eye when you stumbled into the door.'

Confused, Marty asks, 'So, why is everything in order and so clean, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me?' His son replies:

Oh that! Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you said, 'Lady, leave me alone, I'm married!'


Great story, no? Only I'd have called it "Fidelity" -- or summat similar.

3 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Dymphna said...

Yeah...I hope he arrives safe and sound. He has a great momma.

Meanwhile, we're scrambling. The cat is at the vet in one town, my teenage grandson in another town needs a ride to pick up a present for his dad's b'day(my deceased daughter's family), and the Baron's Boy has to go to yet another place to get some rxs for me.

THEN we go to Richmond...it's gonna be a looong one.

But -- a small price for the busyness of family...

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Dymphna said...

Duh...what I originally came back to respond to was your remark about the fidelity of men. I most emphatically agree with you...just because they like to window shop doesn't mean they buy anything.

And the woman in that story gets what a gift that is. That is such a wonderful morality tale!! Not about sex, about fidelity and compassion and gratitude. Woman's got her priorities straight.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Marcus Aurelius said...

MASHALLAH!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home