Monday, October 17, 2005

Virginia Blog Carnival VII

Like I didn't have enough to do. Like I'm not already behind on getting up the Watcher's Council Posts over on Gates.

So? Who ever said logic was my strong point? Not I. Come to think of it, I loved Symbolic Logic in college, though I sure could confuse myself if I thought on it for too long.Best to do your homework quickly and move on.

Anyway, I've been wanting to read more Virginia bloggers, since that's where I've somehow ended up. I went looking for them the other day -- other Virginia bloggers, I mean. At first all I could find were various opinions on our Attorney General race, with which I will not bore those unfortunates who have not the blessings to dwell here. Besides, if we were smart, we'd limit state races to two weeks...all right, maybe a month...and get on with life. Long campaigns make people regress and talk ugly.

Refusing to be daunted, I persevered, hopping from blog roll to blog roll until...

Lo and behold, I stumbled across a Carnival of VA bloggers. We don't have to be special or do anything other than (1) be from Virginia, and (2) show up. How cool! No competition, just be there.

So I was. And so were a number of others from around the Commonwealth.

Go here and taste the variety. They range from a movement to get a Gay/Straight alliance into the public schools to campaign coverage of the above-mentioned race, to a celebration of Navy Day to a guy who links to my "real blog."

It was fun. And effortless. And this week's host, Nothern Crown, has some photos you should see. The composition and the subject matter on this one are particularly striking. Almost painterly in its attention to detail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home