Wednesday, May 17, 2006

She's Baaaaack!

This is a neglected blog. If it were a kid, they would’ve called in the authorities by now…

There are a myriad of reasons I’ve avoided posting here. For one thing, I always seem to be behind over at the other place so how could I make room for personal essays? For another, my health isn’t the best and my ADD seems to intensify with age. Both conditions interfere with my energy and focus.

But the big reason is more personal than that: some months ago an evil person cut and pasted a family story I had written here, kind of one of those untold family tales that you can relate in an anonymous setting, but you’d never discuss it with the people involved. This malicious lurker printed out the story and then went to the trouble of giving it to the person I wrote about. It hurt her feelings very much, even though it wasn’t harmful...just a backroom tale I used to hear people laugh about. I hadn’t thought about the story in a long time, but when it came to mind while writing that particular post, I mentioned it.

I should have known there were mean-spirited lurkers on my blog. Most blogs have trolls of some level of evil or other. It just never occurred to me that anyone would use my words to hurt another person. That’s a desperate, grasping kind of evil when you stop to think about it. A karmic error on their part, one that can’t be erased. Think of Lady Macbeth.

So I’ve avoided The Neighborhood for awhile, walking around the long way without realizing why. Then, the other day it occurred to me why I didn't come here much. It also occurred to me that we can't let others' evil rule our lives; and, for me, ruin what had been an entertaining endeavor.

So here goes. Take your best shot, Evil One. See what you can dig up. Your malice is all you’ve got left…and the great thing I have in my favor?

I’m not you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home