Saturday, June 23, 2007

When I Fall in Love

Exultant BrideYou Tube has disabled the embed for Nat King Cole’s video, and the sound doesn’t meet today’s standards, but this is worth watching. It’s hard to imagine him this young, but not this talented.

Before I was married, this was my secret song to whomever it was that I would someday meet. Now on the far side of that bridge, I know that the lyrics were true.

Fausta caught this picture while on vacation in Kill Devil Hills. She said the groom had a chest full of medals, eight rows perhaps. So biology alone could explain the bride’s exultation; she's got a winner there.

May they grow old together, full of grace and years.


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

When I fall in love
It will be forever.
For I’ll never fall in love
In a restless world like this is
Love is ended before it’s begun
And too many moonlight kisses
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun.

When I give my heart
It will be completely.
Or I’ll never give my heart.
And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I'll fall in love with you.

[Of course, the first time I heard this song, I was in a convertible on a starry night in July, in Pensacola. The second lieutant who was driving had other plans than “falling in love forever” so I ended up walking home.

It didn’t ruin the song for me, though.]

2 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger History Snark said...

Loverly thought. I do enjoy reading this, and getting the Other Side of Dymphna.

Like a true Irishwoman should, you have that combination of whimsy and sadness.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Fausta said...

Thanks!
It really was wonderful seeing this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home